Updated Thursday October 29, 2015 by Three Village Soccer Club.
As a parent of a soccer player it is critical that you model the appropriate behaviors. You are a role model for the young children. Your words and actions will help encourage fair play, good sportsmanship and a friendly competitive soccer environment.
As a parent you are expected to:
- Make sure your child attends both practices and games. Attendance and timeliness teach responsibility and foster team spirit
- Provide the necessary equipment so your child may play safely; (sunscreen, cleats, shin guards, inflated soccer ball, etc)
- Attempt to relieve the pressure of competition ... not to increase it
- Applaud good plays by BOTH teams
- Accept the results of the game. Recognize improvement.
- Follow the rules of the field and the game
- Exemplify good behavior