Updated Sunday June 11, 2017 by Rosa Buckley.
Stony Brook Soccer Club (SBSC) Travel Program
Payment Guidelines 2017-2018
1.At the conclusion of travel tryouts, results will be communicated to all players. Those players offered roster spots on a specific travel team will have 48 hours to accept or decline a position as outlined in the Tryout Guidelines posted on our club’s website.
2.When a player accepts a position on a team, they are required to register with their assigned team by submitting a non-refundable $250 deposit within the same 48 hour period of being offered a roster spot. This deposit secures their spot on the team and will be credited towards the player’s annual tuition/registration fees for the seasonal year.
- Soccer is a team sport. Therefore, a player makes a commitment to the team during the initial registration for the entire seasonal year. SBSC requires a full year financial commitment from each player in order to ensure the financial solvency of each team. Your full year commitment to your team and the club allows the club to commit to coaches, fields, training programs, etc. Players will not be released from their financial obligations to the team, including the remaining balance of the player’s tuition/registration. The remaining balance is equal to the specific team’s registration fees minus the $250 non-refundable deposit paid at the initial registration.
4.SBSC accepts personal checks and most major credit/debit cards. SBSC offers the following payment plans for the remaining balance of the player’s tuition/registration fees for the seasonal year:
- Pay in full;
- Monthly installment plan; seven equal monthly installments (“minimum monthly installments”) of the remaining balance due by the 15th of each calendar month, starting in July and going through January.
- For example; if the player’s full-year registration fee is $1,496 the remaining balance, after the non-refundable deposit paid, would be $1,246.
- This balance can be spread over seven equal monthly installments of $178, due on the 15th of each month starting on July 15, 2017.
- Creative installment plan; so long as the minimum monthly installments are being paid, a player can pay any additional amount desired in order to pay off the remaining balance before January.
5.SBSC offers an option for credit/debit card auto-pay for the monthly installment plan to avoid any overdue or missed payments.
6.If a player has an overdue/outstanding balance greater than thirty (30) days, the club will request the player’s pass until the player’s account is current. A player will not be permitted to play without their pass.